Our Lady of Lourdes Chapel
The chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes in Għajnsielem is located on a promontory, overlooking the historically busy harbour of Mġarr. It is to no surprise that numerous ship graffiti have been etched here. Having been built in the year 1888, this chapel has experienced multiple events in the Islands’ history including the second world war. A number of traditional Maltese boats are depicted in the form of ship graffiti rigged with sails. Other types of graffiti have been etched on the walls of the chapel apart from ship graffiti.