This chapel dedicated to the Immaculate Conception of Our Lady is located in Gerżuma Valley in the outskirts of Mġarr. The chapel was built in 1736 on the initiative of the Grandmaster Antonio Manoel de Vilhena.
A more complex representation of a ship showing three rows of canon ports and the ship’s hull planking. The stern is decorated and a bowsprit is complete with shrouds and forestays. The ship is two-masted carrying lateen rigging.
A stylistic representation of a two-masted ship which was covered in plaster then exposed. The ship exhibits two masts with square sail rigging. The hull of the ship is sectioned by sequential squares, all perforated by a dot. An inscription has been etched on the bottom-most extremity of the graffito.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.